Sunday, November 30, 2008

Mix Tape #6 - Words Not Allowed On Art Of The Mix 1 - Char!


I really like Art of the Mix. The people there are intelligent and good looking and it's a great place to find interesting music.


I'm not sure why I'm compelled to post playlists there, but I do. The sad thing is some dumbasses started uploading malicious code to the site, and now certain words are not allowed when you post. Which can lead to a really frustrating scavenger hunt.


One of the prohibited words is 'char' and, just for fun, I searched my files for those letters to see what would pop out. Surprisingly, a fun and listenable mix. Whee!


It includes Ray Charles singing "It's Not Easy Being Green." Which I've always loved. Just because I want to say, "Someone please tell him he's not green!"


Here's a youtube of it. I think the person who made it videotaped his or her tv.


Anyway. Here's the list:


Side A

1. Richard Hell & The Voidoids - Love Comes In Spurts
2. The Charms - Carry Go Bring Come
3. Jorge Ben - Take It Easy My Brother Charles
4. Bored - Sweet Charity
5. Charles Wright and the Watts 103rd Street Rhythm Band - Express Yourself
6. Richard Maltby - Man With The Golden Arm
7. DJ Scud - In The Charts Again
8. Seam - Port of Charleston
9. Charles Leonard - Funky Driver on a Funky Bus Pt. 1
10. Stereo Total - Sweet Charlotte
11. Scrawl - Charles
12. Charles Bernstein - Laying the Trap
13. Guided By Voices - (I Wanna Be A) Dumbcharger
14. The Clash - Charlie Don't Surf

Side B
1. Bill Medley - Swing Low Sweet Chariot
2. Hüsker Dü - Charity, Chastity, Prudence, And Hope
3. Rod & The MSR Singers - Richard Nixon
4. Magic Sam - Mr. Charlie
5. DI - Richard Hung Himself
6. Charlie Hunter Quartet - Teabaggin'
7. Hope Sandoval & The Warm Inventions - Charlotte
8. Redd Kross - Charlie
9. Ray Charles - It's Not Easy Being Green
10. Nick Charles - The Three Dogwoods
11. Richard Johnston - Coal Black Mattie
12. Charlie Rich - Life Has Its Little Ups And Downs
13. Killdozer - Richard


Here.