Sunday, November 2, 2008

Mix Tape #2 - This Mix Has Four Songs By Or About Muhammad Ali


If I had to pick my favorite muslim, I think I'd go with Muhammad Ali. Wasn't he just the greatest? He just seemed really nice. Even though his occupation was beating people up.

That's why I think you should consider hiring this man for your next party or corporate event.

Anyway, about the rest of the mix...

I found "My Name is Potato" at PCL Linkdump (which is awesome and should be read daily). The song is head-scratchingly good and so is the video. If anyone can translate this for me, I'll buy you a potato.



I normally don't think it's a good idea to put the same artist on a mix tape twice, but I couldn't decide which Neal Hefti song I liked better and since he just died, I think it's ok. (The weird thing is that we were watching The Odd Couple the very night he died. Isn't that spooky?)

Anyway. Here's the track list:

Side A
1. Rita Pavone - My Name Is Potato
2. Arcwelder - Captain Allen
3. Joe Tex - Papa Was Too
4. Duangdao Mondara - Black Superman
5. Amazombies - Lost Girl
6. Antoine - Pop Corn
7. Black Rob - Ready
8. Analfabitles - She's My Girl
9. Neal Hefti - Oh Dad, Poor Dad
10. The Handsome Family - Weightless Again
11. Curved Air - Back Street Luv
12. Dennis Alcapone - Cassius Clay
13. The Originals - Supernatural Voodoo Woman
14. Miaow - When It All Comes Down


Side B
1. J. W. Grasshopper & The Butterfly - Ali Shuffle
2. The Bridge - Jesus
3. The Revels - Intoxica
4. Blonde Redhead - Equus
5. Bjorn Skifs - Allt For Sent
6. Henry Fiat's Open Sore - Midlife Riot
7. Sven Libaek - Start Growing Up Now
8. Friends of Betty - Crucified My Cat
9. Pop Tops - Mamy Blue
10. Neal Hefti - How To Murder Your Wife
11. Volcano Suns - Blue Rib
12. The Riats - Run Run Run
13. Tom T. Hall - Sneaky Snake
14. Lolitas - Sonic Reducer
15. I'm the Greatest - Muhammad Ali



Here.