Sunday, August 30, 2009

Mix Tape #41 - Lunch Will Keep Us Together


Well hey there! This turned out really well. I hope you like it as much as I did.

Neil Sedaka has a delightful new children's album and that's where the name of this mix came from. It also features "Where the Toys Are" and "Waking Up Is Hard To Do." It does not feature this [super fucking creepy] song.

What else, what else?

- Oh. Thanks, Ben, for lending me this which is awesome. Congratulations on your nuptuals!

- Look, I'm not goofing around with that Neulander. It's my favorite Eurotrash album ever and I listened to that song in a loop while driving around aimlessly one very sad day in Cincinnati last year.

- That Red Sovine song is endearingly racist. I bet he was hell at family gatherings.

- "Strip Club" is my favorite cover. Ever.

- I'm sort of suddenly obsessed with Teddy Parker and...OMFG WATCH THIS:



Anyways, here's the list:

Side A
1. 1,000 Clowns - Kitty Kat Max
2. Brenda Holloway - A Favor For A Girl (With A Love Sick Heart)
3. The Grifters - Covered With Flies
4. Meic Stevens - Shw' mae? Shw' mae?
5. Disco Construction - Lady Bump
6. Quasimoto - 1994
7. The Quests - Georgy Girl
8. Neil Sedaka - Lunch Will Keep Us Together
9. Ron Warren Ganderton - Virgins Do
10. The Spotlights - Que Sera
11. Neulander - Sex, God & Money
12. Billy Preston - The Octopus
13. Wellwater Conspiracy - Teen Lambchop
14. AD 73 - Higher and Higher
15. Webb Pierce & Red Sovine - Little Rosa

Side B
1. Breaking Circus - Smoker's Paradise
2. Bratmobile - Girl Germs
3. Henny Vonk - You're Gonna Hear From Me
4. Teddy Parker - Nachtexpress Nach St. Tropez
5. Speech Debelle - Searching
6. Ed Wood (?) - A Pussycat Is Born To Be Whipped
7. The Mops - I'm Just a Mops
8. 5 Royales - Mohawk Squaw
9. 100 Flowers - Strip Club
10. The Monkees - Cuddly Toy
11. Snowpony - Easy Way Down
12. Freakwater - Your Goddamn Mouth
13. William De Vaughan - Be Thankful for What You Got
14. Sebadoh - Punch In The Nose

Here.