Sunday, August 9, 2009

Mix Tape #38 - No Plans, No Projects


Dig Mos Def, rockin' the Selda sample. Yeah! That whole album's great.

Wim Mertens is a crazy Belgian who sings in a language he made up. That track sums up where I'm at right now, in tone and title.

The metaphorical curtain is calling for me. I'm glad it's on its way up and not down, but it's still terrifying. I have to figure out what I'm going to do with my life and soon.

But. Until then, hopefully there'll be more of this:



Fair warning: the next two weeks are going to SUH-HUH-UCK school-wise, so expect either flakiness or a complete disappearance. I'll be back, though.

Anyway, here's the list:

Side A
1. Peter Thomas Sound Orchstera - Raumpatrouille
2. The Curbs - Pinball Junkie
3. Erma Franklin - I Dont Want No Mammas Boy
4. Joe "Fingers" Carr - Portugese Washerwomen
5. The Inner Thumb - Soul Ecstasy
6. Jonathan Fire Eater - When the Curtain Calls for You
7. Adjeef the Poet - Iekk!....I'm A Freak
8. Cookies - Don't Say Nothing Bad About My Baby
9. Cabaret Voltaire - Nag, Nag, Nag
10. Scott Baio - What Am I Suppossed To Do
11. Thee Headcoats - I'm An Idiot
12. Kamal Ahmed feat. Noor Jehan - I Am Very Sorry
13. Couch Flambeau - Dogshow

Side B
1. Bob Colbert - Tuning Up
2. She Trinity - He Fought The Law
3. White Flag - Shattered Badge
4. B.J. Ward - Keep It To Yourself
5. Mos Def - Supermagic
6. Steve Kuhn - Time To Go
7. Unknown - Yogi
8. Jimmy McGriff - Miss Poopie
9. Queen Esther - I Dont Want You To Hurt Me
10. Shellac - Spoke
11. Sisters of St. Francis with Lenny Rich - In Heaven There Is No Beer
12. Swell Maps - Let's Build a Car
13. Reg Tilsley - Sexy Sox
14. Slickers - Johnny Too Bad
15. The What Four - I'm Gonna Destroy That Boy
16. Wim Mertens - No Plans, No Projects

Here.