Sunday, April 12, 2009

Mix Tape #23 - Roadtrip


I recently took a three hour road trip and, me being me, I packed 26 CDs. I am such a dork. Of course I only listened to three (Scrawl, KMD, and the excellent Holding a Dream comp). When I got home and went to put them away, I thought it might be fun to take a song from each and throw them together for a mix. And it turned out ok!

It's mostly the usual suspects, but there's a couple of surprises. That Marsha Hunt track is pretty killer. Oh look. Someone just uploaded a really cool Marsha Hunt video. Let's watch it.



That was nice.

I think the most important lesson contained within this mix is that when you have the Barbara Walters speech impediment, you really shouldn't add "Cry Me a River" to your oeuvre.

Anyway. Here's the tracklist:

Side A
1. Mclusky - Rock vs Single Parents
2. Le Tigre - Deceptacon
3. Barbara Manning - Scissors
4. Galt McDermot - Lady, You Look Good to Me
5. Th' Faith Healers - Sparklingly Chime
6. Quarteto 1111 - Dona Vitoria
7. Renegade Soundwave - Biting My Nails
8. The Flesh Eaters - Impossible Crime
9. Tindersticks - City Sickness
10. The Cynics - Get My Way
11. Gene Latter - Holding A Dream
12. Kimya Dawson - I Like Giants
13. DJ P - Hotel California vs. The Shining

Side B
1. Barbra Manning - Straw Man
2. Betty Davis - Ooh Yea
3. Eleventh Dream Day - Two Smart Cookies
4. Claudine Longet - Cwy Me a Wiver
5. Marsha Hunt - Somebody to Love
6. K.M.D. - Subroc's Mission
7. Soundation - Tricky Dicky
8. Vashti Bunyan - 17 Pink Sugar Elephants
9. L ed Z eppelin - Celebration Day
10. Willy Hoffmann - Coconuts
11. Dinosaur - Raisans
12. Barbara Ruskin - Pawnbroker Pawnbroker
13. Scrawl - Come Back Then

Here.