Sunday, April 5, 2009

Mix Tape #22 - My Neck's Stiff. My Head Hurts.


Music's making me sad. The new MF Doom album is completely phoned in. The guy from Hot Snakes and Drive Like Jehu started a new band that sounds like the old bands minus everything that made them interesting. I finally listened to the second Evens record and didn't like it. Every time I try to find something from this decade to like I fail. Well. Except for Wooden Shjips.

[Seriously...if you have any suggestions for modern stuff I might like, PLEASE let me know].

So, I keep retreating into decades-old oddities and that's mostly what informed this mix. It gets kind of loud toward the end. Sorry. Also, I didn't mean to put Peggy Sue in there twice, but, eh, sounded good.

"Ba-Di-Bi" is the theme song to a softcore movie from Italy about swinging nursing students. I don't think I'll be seeing that...



Oh. And in the interest of full disclosure, I notice I included a BUNCH of tracks from this guy's mix. Which is great. Big fan of that site.

Anyway, here's the list:

Side A
1. Chris Brokaw - I Remember
2. Peggy Sue - That's A No No
3. Peter Thomas and Donna Summer - Black Power
4. FM Knives - 16 DOA
5. The Moments - I Can't Help It
6. Arcwelder - Never The Same
7. Piero Umiliani - Green Valley
8. Big Boss Man - Sea Groove
9. Vampires' Sound Incorporation - The Ballad of a Fair Singer
10. Paul Nero - This Is Soul
11. Coachwhips - Yes, I'm Down
12. Ike & Tina Turner - Whole Lotta Love
13. DOOM - That's That
14. Roberto Pregadio - Bi-Di-Bi-Da

Side B
1. God - Rockin' Marky
2. Barney Wilen and His Amazing Free Rock Band - The Fool On The Hill
3. PJ Harvey - Yuri-G
4. Peggy Sue - Down In The Boondocks
5. Edan - Fumbling Over Words (Battle)[Team Teamwork Remix]
6. Railroad Jerk - Clean Shirt
7. Frankie Laine - Wanted Man
8. The Evens - Get Even
9. Guy Pedersen - Bass In Love
10. The Make Up - Pow! To The People
11. Nashville Pussy - First I Look At The Purse
12. The Hard-Ons - Race Track
13. The Raincoats - Don't Be Mean
14. Death - Politicians In My Eyes

Here.