Sunday, March 15, 2009

Mix Tape #19 - The Mystery At Lilac Inn


Back to randomness. A lot of favorites on this one. Whenever I hear the whiny guitar that opens "Titus & Strident Wet Nurse," my pupils dilate and I prepare to jump around like a complete spaz.

Anyone who knows me who's reading this probably can't picture that, but, oh, when you're not around? I totally do that. I'm a pretty avid air guitar player when no one's watching.

That Ennio Morricone song comes from this absolutely eye-poppingly fun movie:



And the title for this mix comes from "Nancy Drew" which is clever as fuck and also sends me into fits of pogoing. Special Olympics style. If you live downstairs, I'm sorry.

Anyway, here's the tracklist:

Side A
1. Guided By Voices - Titus & Strident Wet Nurse
2. Merry Clayton - Gimme Shelter
3. I Don't Remember - Get Back
4. The Bloodthirsty Lovers - 2000 Lightyears From Home
5. Galt MacDermot - Coffee Cold
6. Stan Getz, Astrud Gilberto - The Telephone Song
7. Tinariwen - Ahimana
8. Nirvana - Moist Vagina
9. Ennio Morricone - Valmont's Go-Go Pad
10. Pavement - Unseen Power Of The Picket Fence
11. REM - Letter Never Sent
12. Bobbi Humphrey - Smiling Faces Sometimes
13. Tuli Kupferberg - Love And Ashes

Side B
1. Tuscadero - Nancy Drew
2. Mr. Lif - Live From the Plantation
3. DJ Spooky vs. Bob Marley - Mr. Brown Remix
4. R.D. Burman with Asha Boshle & Kishore Kumore - Aa Dekhen Jara
5. Nikki Sudden & Rowland S. Howard - Wedding Hotel
6. L ed Z eppelin - Trampled Under Foot
7. Melvin Jackson - Bold + Black
8. Manu Dibango - African Battle
9. Labi Siffre - Sadie And The Devil
10. Bill Withers - Let It Be
11. Lou Donaldson - Make It With You

Here.