Sunday, March 8, 2009

Mix Tape #18 - Booze!


If you haven't tried alcoholism, I wouldn't recommend it. Shit's expensive and it makes you fat and haggard looking.

As a fond farewell to my old pal, I made this mix. There are certainly much better drinking songs out there, but these are my personal favorites.

Another personal favorite not included is this Hamm's beer jingle:



There are some repeats on here, but since they were apt, I kept them. Plus, "Detox Man" is literally my favorite song ever recorded.

Anyway, here's the tracklist:

Side A
1. Freakwater - My Old Drunk Friend
2. Scrawl - Green Beer
3. Jerry Lee Lewis - Drinkin' Wine Spo-Dee-O-Dee
4. Prisonshake - Beer Break
5. Ed Haynes - Splash
6. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Brother, My Cup Is Empty
7. Eazy-E - Sippin On A 40
8. The Afghan Whigs - Rebirth Of The Cool
9. The Mountain Goats - See America Right
10. The Who - Whiskey Man
11. Marble Valley - Cerveza
12. Black Flag - Drinking And Driving
13. Hüsker Dü - Whatcha Drinkin'
14. Tex and the Horseheads - I'll Quit Tomorrow

Side B
1. Gorilla - Detox Man
2. Minutemen - Corona
3. TAD - Jack Pepsi
4. Brian Jackson + Gil Scott-Heron - The Bottle
5. Masters Of The Obvious - Gonna Get Drunk Tonight
6. Great Plains - Martin Luther King & Martin Luther Drinking
7. Nouvelle Vague - Too Drunk To Fuck
8. Johnny Bond and Red Sovine - Day Drinkin'
9. Smog - Your Wedding
10. Creamers - Loser Bar
11. The Kinks - Alcohol
12. Rapeman - Trouser Minnow
13. Jim Croce - Cigarettes, Whiskey & Wild, Wild Women
14. The Flesh Eaters - Fistful of Vodka
15. Carolyn Mark - Slept All Afternoon

Enjoy responsibly!