Sunday, February 22, 2009

Mix Tape #16 - There's A Kazoo In Here Somewhere


This is pretty random, but it gave me much joy. Hopefully, it will give you joy, too.

I apologize in advance for that truly shitty Partridge Family rip. Here's how it's supposed to sound.



I dunno. The version included here sends the needle into the red and it actually sounds somehow threatening. To me, it spices up a horribly whitebread treatment of that great song, so I kept it in there.

I'm pretty sure that Mark Arm song is in my all time top 5. And that's all I really have to say, so here's the tracklist:

Side A
1. Lonnie Liston Smith - Cosmic Funk
2. Brakes - Hold Me In The River
3. Analfabitles - Shake
4. Os Boabas - Down Down
5. Action Swingers - Song
6. Claude Colombier - Chante Comme Si Tu Devais Mourrir
7. Pink Floyd - The Gold It's In The ...
8. Asha Bhosle - Jeet Lo Haar Ke
9. The Dicks - Kill From The Heart
10. Method Man And Redman - Da Rockwilder
11. Lee Hazlewood & Nancy Sinatra - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
12. The Partridge Family - We Gotta Get Out Of This Place
13. Blue Cheer - I'm The Light

Side B
1. Mark Arm - My Life With Rickets
2. Boomtown Rats - Up All Night
3. Slim Borgudd - Chain
4. Beyond the Wizard's Sleeve - Don't Cry Girl
5. Big Black - Newmangenerator
6. Juliane Werding - Der Computer Macht Alles
7. Flying Saucer Attack - Outdoor Miner
8. Blur - We've Got A File On You
9. Robert Pete Williams - Santa Fe Kazoo Blues
10. Cactus - Evil
11. Monk Higgins - A Good Man Is Gone
12. Ronnie Von - Esperança De Cantar
13. Mountain - Theme From An Imaginary Western

Here.