Sunday, February 15, 2009

Mix Tape #15 - TV Party


I've been watching way too much TV. This can mostly be blamed on RTN. I think they're having financial difficulties, so the channel could be yanked any day now. And, for my sake, I hope it is.

The thing I, sadly, look forward to every week is Kraft Suspense Theater. It's a series of hour-long dramas from the 60's where, say, Robert Logia will try to con a schoolteacher out of her money and she'll end up stealing his heart. IT'S. AMAZING.

Here. Watch some.



Oh. And I know firsthand that the people selling those online taped them off a black and white tv set. Which is actually fortunate, because they include the original ads and I think some of those Kraft recipes would induce spontaneous vomitting if they were in color.

While I haven't been very discriminate in my TV choices, I'm done with Ironside. He's a pushy dick and I wish he'd fall off an escalator.

Whoa. I totally just made that happen.

Oh. Anyway. Music. A lot of this was lifted from this now-defunct blog. God bless its still digital heart.

And I know I use that Scrawl song way too much, but it's apt here.

And even though this is mostly TV-themed, there's stuff in there that has nothing to do with TV. Confusing!

Here's the tracklist:

Side A
1. Mike Post - The Rockford Files
2. The Sound Apparatus - Travel Agent Man
3. Henry Mancini - Police Woman
4. Radio Birdman - Aloha Steve and Danno
5. Leonard Nimoy - A Visit To A Sad Planet
6. TV On The Radio - Dancing Choose
7. Telly Savalas - If
8. Josie & The Pussycats - Hand Clapping Song
9. Barbara Eden - Pledge Of Love
10. The Pointer Sisters - Pinball Number Count
11. Quincy Jones - Ironside
12. Mr. T - Mr. T's Commandment
13. Harry South - The Sweeney
14. Big Black - Bad Houses

Side B
1. Scrawl - Sad
2. Quincy Jones - The streetbeater
3. Adam West - Batman & Robin
4. Flesheaters - My Life To Live
5. Barbara Feldon - 99
6. The Animated Sounds - (Sock It To Me Baby) In The House Of Shock
7. Bill Cosby - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
8. Don Fardon - Belfast Boy
9. Liz Phair - Go, Speed Racer
10. Ike & Tina Turner - I Can't Believe What You Say
11. Lorne Greene - Ghost Riders In The Sky
12. Devo - Goo Goo Itch
13. Leonard Nimoy - Proud Mary
14. Ted Knight - Hi Guys
15. The Lovedolls - Sunshine Day
16. Hüsker Dü - Turn On the News

Here.