Sunday, February 8, 2009

Mix Tape #14 - I Listened To This One A Whole Lot


My God. Finders Keepers records is just the best. Two of this week's entries come from them. I found them used at Cellophane Square (where they've jacked up the price of every weird soundtracky/world thing because, I think, they've realized I'm a sucker and will buy them all anyway).

If you'd like to hear a smidge of what you're in for, here's a youtube.



I'm not sure what's going on in that video. It looks like someone synched up the ripping studio version of that song to a really listless stage performance. But, eh, the song's just so good it doesn't really matter.

I don't know what else to say about this one other than Princess Superstar is hot and that DOA track was recorded live at The Jockey Club. Reprazent.

Anyway, here's the track list:

Side A
1. Razzy and the Neighborhood Kids - I Hate
2. Dim Stars - Baby Huey
3. 101 Strings - A Disappointed Love With A Desensitized Robot
4. Bad Wizard - Natural High
5. Bob James - Night On Bald Mountain
6. Bored - No Way
7. Monica Zetterlund - Pearlie's Swine
8. The Daily Void - No One Knows...
9. The Ovations - Touching Me
10. Boris - Free
11. Armando Trovaioli - Canard a' L'Orange
12. Princess Superstar - Untouchable Part 2
13. The John Schroeder Orchestra - Explosive Corrosive Joseph

Side B
1. Brendan Benson - Metarie
2. Bobby Womack and J.J. Johnson - Across 110th Street (Part II)
3. Connie Hall - Daddy Doesn't Live Here Anymore
4. Nico - I'm Waiting For My Man
5. Jim Ford - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
6. Cha Cha Cohen - Heck Singhi
7. Kimya Dawson - France
8. Thelonious Monster - See That My Grave Is Kept Clean
9. Kati Kovacs - Add Mar Uram Az Esot!
10. Kings of Leon - The Bucket
11. DOA - Rich Bitch
12. Ersen - Gunese Don Cicegim
13. MF Doom - Guinnesses

And here is the hyperlink. Tchah!