Sunday, July 12, 2009

Mix Tape #34 - I Ain't Got No Soul Today. What It Is, Y'all. What It Is, Y'all.


I make these in advance.

And when I was making this, I think I was filing it under the vague heading: "Dating sucks."

But you know what? Dating doesn't suck. One good trial obliterates all errors.

So. When I made this, I didn't have any soul. But today I'm full to bursting with soul.

Next week's entry is likely to be a lot more joyful.

But this one's isn't bad.

Erika Wennerstrom has the most amazing voice.



Never underestimate Cincinnati, yo.

Tracks:

Side A
1. Senor Soul - I Ain't Got No Soul Today
2. Yo La Tengo - Emulsified
3. The Dandy Warhols - Minnesoter
4. The Lafayette Afro Rock Band - Congo
5. LI Xiang Lan - Plum Blossom
6. Prolapse - Killing The Bland
7. White Hinterland - Dreaming of the Plum Trees
8. Tullio De Piscopo - Medium Rock
9. Spanky And Our Gang - Like To Get To Know You
10. Simon Turner - Shoeshine Boy
11. The Count Five - Peace of Mind
12. Hall and Oates - Lady Rain
13. Heartless Bastards - Be So Happy

Side B
1. Laurie Anderson - Smoke Rings
2. Jacques Dutronc - On Nous Cache Tout, On Nous
3. Roy Harper - Male Chauvinist Pig Blues
4. Gilberto Cruz - Hot Pants (She Got To Use What She Got To Get What She Wants)
5. Francoise Hardy - Catch A Falling Star
6. Ruby Andrews - Tit for Tat
7. Michael Stipe & Rain Phoenix - Happiness
8. Ian Hunter - All Of The Good Ones Are Taken
9. Lesley Gore - 98.6/Lazy Day
10. The Stuarts - Just A Little Bit More
11. The Scorpions - Worrying Kind
12. The Lennon Sisters - Green Tambourine
13. Mick Farren - Son of a Millionaire
14. The Viking Moses! - Providence

Here.