Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hoyt Axton - Gold


I got this over the weekend and literally listened to it six times straight through because it's just nutty good except when it's bad and then it's even nuttier.

E.G. The sexiest song about the alphabet I've ever heard:









I love that he actually sings "If you want to love me you have to know your ABCs." Who exactly has he been dating? [Edit: Wikipedia says he's from Oklahoma. So. There you go.]

I also love when his voice gets all muppety and growlly. When he sings "ALLLLOOOOONNE" he makes the same noise my cat makes when she's about to puke.

Whole album is just as good.

Here's the list:

1. Never Gonna Work
2. Bring Your Lovin'
3. Tiger In The Closet
4. Red, White And Blue
5. L. A. Town
6. Heartbreak Hotel
7. Big Red
8. Look Down That Lonesome Road
9. I'll Be There
10. Double Dare
11. ABC (Put On)
12. Young Man
13. Greenback Dollar
14. Thunder 'N Lightin'
15. This Little Light
16. Trombone Cholly
17. Ox Driver's Song
18. Gambler's Blues
19. We'll Sing In The Sunshine
20. Five Hundred Miles
21. Grizzly Bear
22. Hoochie Coochie Man
23. They've Been On Their Jobs Too Long
24. Voodoo Blues

Here's the link.