Sunday, May 31, 2009

Mix Tape #30 - Q: If English isn't your first language, should you cover "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood"?


A: Emphatic yes.

Oh. If you're from North Carolina, I should let you know that you'll be instructed to do the following during this mix: 1. Raise up. 2. Take your shirt off. 3. Twist it around your hand. 4. Spin it like a helicopter.



The rest of you can just listen to it like normal people. I liked it. You may. You may not.

Saide A
1. Jess & James with the J.J. Band - Don´t Let Me Be Misunderstood
2. Davie Allan and the Arrows - Make Love Not War
3. Ikara Colt - Rudd
4. Dirty Three - Better Go Home Now
5. Trea Dobbs - My Love
6. Sparklemouse? Dangerhorse? - Everytime I'm With You
7. Roger Roger - Safari Park
8. Davey Sands & The Essex - Advertising Girl
9. Ugly Casanova - Things I Don't Remember
10. Los Babys - Encuentros Cercanos
11. Petey Pablo - Raise Up
12. Songs: Ohia - Coxcomb Red
13. Redd Kross - Linda Blair
14. Tom Zé - Senhor Cidadão

Side B
1. Snatch - All I Want
2. Eileen Barton - If I Knew You Were Comin
3. Luna - Slash Your Tires
4. Hugo Busoni - Raid
5. The Takeoffs - Knock Down The Door
6. The Pebbles - Playing Chess
7. Bill Cosby - Stop, Look & Listen
8. Stacey Ames - Calendar Boy
9. Kelis - Bossy
10. Billy Paul - Your Song
11. Public Image Ltd. - Ease

Here.